Its been a while since I training developers get up and running with the ELK Stack. So I decided to take my 5 years of experience with ELK and turn it into an official training program for people interested in data visualization. I’m currently conducting training sessions for both corporate customers and individuals on the ELK Stack.
- The individual rates for the beginners course is Rs.29,000/- per student investment (Training online /over Skype).
- The flat rate for the corporate training is Rs.150,000/- up to 5 Students (This is conducted online/over Skype). I have also conducted training for analysts in the hill country(with added expenses), and would love to do it again.
In both cases, I have given assignments for the students get up to speed with the Elastic stack within one month of training. All students are expected to have their own Linux/Ubuntu device (BYOD) for the training.
The training consists of
- 2x hours per day, 8 days hands on training (Total 16 Hours Training)
- 8x hands on assignments through moodle.
- Internet is required
- Setting up the Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stack (Linux & Windows)
- Setting up Cerebro UI
- Reading standard log files from Logstash
- Assignment 1
- Understanding Logstash Pipelines.
- Inputs, Filters, Output
- Reading physical log files from Logstash
- IF, THEN, ELSE Conditional Statements
- Creating Index patterns in Kibana
- Understanding Kibana Histogram
- Simple Kibana Queries
- Assignment 2
- Setting up Filebeat
- Regex patterns in Filebeat
- Reading CSV physical logs from Filebeat
- Creating the Filebeat ->Logstash->Elasticsearch->Kibana pipeline
- Understanding GROK patterns
- Creating a bar-graph
- Assignment 3
- Querying data from Elasticsearch
- Using Kibana Developer Tools
- Writing a Java/C# program to query Elasticsearch
- More on GROK patterns
- Using Tags in IF,THEN conditions
- Setting up environment variables
- Assignment 4
- Setting up Redis (v4.x)
- Setting up Filebeat->Redis->Logstash->Elasticsearch->Kibana pipeline.
- Reading multi-line files
- Custom Grok Patterns
- Using Mutation, Custom GROK Patterns
- Building Pie Charts
- Assignment 5
- Setting up Kafka
- Setting up Filebeat->Kafka->Logstash->Elasticsearch->Kibana pipeline.
- Reading more CSV files
- Managing Indexes with Cerebro UI
- Building Dashboards
- Assignment 6
- Setting up RabbitMQ
- Setting up Filebeat->RabbitMQ->Logstash->Elasticsearch->Kibana pipeline.
- Formatting dates in Logstash
- GeoIP data storage (Logstash & Elasticsearch storage)
- Clustering Elasticsearch (Master & Slave)
- Visualizing GeoIP Data in Kibana
- Assignment 7
- Reading data from multiple sources (Redis AND Filebeat etc)
- Building more graphs (Tag Clouds, Goals, Aggregated graphs)
- Heat Maps, Markdown, Maps
- Histograms with Filters.
- Assignment 8